Jules Haley – Counsellor and therapist, Walthamstow, East London, E17
I am an experienced counsellor and run a private practice from home in Walthamstow, East London. I have worked as a counsellor at Mind in Enfield with individuals who had received a mental health diagnosis and looking at what it meant for them and supporting those in emotional despair. I also worked for over two years at East London Out Project (ELOP) a specialist LGBTQ agency offering counselling and group support in Walthamstow, East London where I worked predominately with people who identified as Trans, Kink and/or Poly.
I also worked with clients at the Drug and Alcohol Wellbeing Service run by Turning Point in Westminster. I have completed specialist training in supporting individuals with their drug and alcohol use and was for a few years a group facilitator for SMART Recovery UK.
I am a member of BACP and I am listed on their register, which is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority. I abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and I regularly see a confidential clinical supervisor to support my work. I have full professional insurance and have a current DBS.
I have explored extensively, in personal therapy over many years, my own experiences and have developed a trustworthy self from which I can experience and be in the world.
- BA (hons) and diploma in Person-Centred Counselling (Middlesex University / Metanoia Institute, Ealing, London) which is a BACP accredited course
- Certificate in Counselling Skills – Person-Centred Approach (ABC Awards) from City Lit Institute
- Non-counselling related training – PGdip (level 7) in Marketing from the Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM). BA in History.
Memberships, Continuing Professional Development, groups and workshops:
I am a member of:
- Gendered Intelligence Therapists and Counsellors Network
- The Person-Centred Association UK
- World Association for Person Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Metanoia Institute
- Hearing Voices Network UK
- PCSR (Psychotherapists & Counsellors for Social Responsibility)
- PCU (Psychotherapy and Counselling Union).
- International Person-Centred Cross Cultural Communications, a week of intense personal development and encounter, Hungary, 22 – 28 July 2019
- Working Alongside Trans, Gender Diverse and Questioning People –
a two-day training course for therapists and counsellors, Gendered Intelligence, May 2019
- ‘(Re)Thinking Trans Healthcare: Bridging the Gap Between Policy, Practitioner and Patient’ – a one-day inter-disciplinary trans healthcare conference at the University of Bristol – 29 March 2019.
- Working with the Trans population, Training, Mermaids – March 2019
- PCE 2018 Vienna, 13th World Conference for Person-Centred & Experiential Psychotherapy & Counselling – July 2018 (5 days)
- Kink Conference, “From the Bottom to the Top – Emerging Trends in Therapy and BDSM” – Pink Therapy – October 2018 (1 day)
- Workshop speaker at Making Real Change Happen, The International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis (ISPS), 3rd September 2017 (5 days)